Friday, March 13, 2009

St. Jude Bake Sale May 2nd, 2009!

My Wife is spearheading a bake sale for St. Jude on Saturday May 2nd. I know right now she is looking for people and businesses to donate baking supplies and possibly some people to help bake. They are tax deductible donations and we will mention you during the event and on the radio in our promotion on Lightning 100, 100.1 FM WRLT Lightning100.com

Here is a blurb my wife emailed me about the event. If you would like to donate or get involved please email me at Buckley@wrlt.com and put St. Jude in the message. Thanks in advance!

I'm coordinating a bake sale to benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. We're seeking donations from many different places, but I'm still going to end up doing a TON of baking myself - hundreds of jumbo cookies, brownies, rice krispie treats, etc. I've tried contacting General Mills, Nestles Toll House, etc. to see if they would donate some of their products and sadly, they declined. In an effort to offset some of the costs for myself and the other volunteers I have to bake, I thought I would see if anyone here would be interested in helping out a great cause. 100% of the sales will be given to St. Jude's - I'm not seeking to reimburse myself or any volunteers for our out-of-pocket costs....any money that I spend is my gift to St. Jude along with my children, because I'm using this opportunity to teach them about giving and helping others. I do have official paperwork that I can provide to show that this is legitimate.

While I'm not looking for a handout, I won't turn down any flat-out donations -- for those I'll be very grateful! I could also pay a small price for items. We have radio station backing, and will be thanking sponsors and donors on-air, along with handing out a sheet with all of our sponsors and donors listed to people who make purchases the day of. While I'll gladly spend hundreds of dollars to support St. Jude if I need to, it would be really nice to be able to offset some of the costs. I've been blessed with healthy children, but also know that things can change at the drop of a hat, and I really feel in my heart that St. Jude is the best cause that I can support....I'm sure those of you with children and grandchildren feel the same in that they're a wonderful resource for families that need them.

Some of the items I'm seeking include: flour, sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, brownie mixes, rice krispies, marshmallows, oatmeal, raisins, muffin mixes, quick bread mixes......things of that nature, things that I and my volunteers can use to produce goods to sell at our sale. Also, saran wrap, zip lock baggies, things like that to package our goods. If you can find it in yourself to help us, we appreciate it SO much and thank you!!

No comments: