Thursday, March 12, 2009

Justin Townes Earle

Justin Townes Earle

Justin is my in studio guest today @ noon. I am really excited to have him on the show. Saw him recently at Grimey's and thought he was fantastic. Just listened to his new record, "Midnight at the Movies" and was honestly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Listened to it twice in a row back to back. The son of Steve Earle, about all they share musically is passion and ability. The style itself is all to its own and feels like it could have been made in the 50's or 60's. It is a great record that may never have the acclaim it deserves but hopefully will. If I was program director for a station like WSM we would be playing a few tracks from it right now! I also think the song we featured on the Local Lightning Spotlight certainly rivals the original version, to say the least! The replacement cover, "Can't hardly wait" would sound great in regular rotation on any triple a station in the country.

He is performing night two of three at The Basement tonight and I highly recommend you attending the show if possible!




No comments: