Friday, May 30, 2008

The Last Free Weekend

It has been another busy month! This weekend though I am! I won't be having fun or playing golf or anything. I will be cleaning the office and garage, mowing the lawn, and if I'm lucky taking my kids to the fair. They supposedly have a ferris wheel and everything. Could make for some nice pictures. Next week begins the summertime craziness! I will be working at Wednesday Night Wags at the factory in franklin this Wed, Doing a remote at the Peanut Shop at the arcade next Friday, DJing the Catfish Rodeo at Centennial Park Saturday, Heading to Bonnaroo Wed-Mon, Working at Wednesday Night Wags, Flying to Illinois Thur-Mon for a wedding, Working at Wednesday Night Wags, and doing all that I normally do on top of everything else. It will be a month before I get another free weekend. So there is lots to do!

My Grandma had surgery yesterday. She is 82 and went to the hospital with a stomach ache. They found cancer and hoped to be able to remove it. They did a gastric bypass and left the cancer inside her because it was in her liver. They could tell it was in her gallbladder and pancreas, but hoped it was not in her liver. He said he could tell it had been there for two years and gave her at least 6 more months. I want to get out to see her in California as soon as possible and July seems like the most likely month to try and do it. As you may have just noticed June is going to be quite the busy month for me. It would be nice to bring my wife and kids but it will cost us at least $2,000 if we all go. Might be able to reduce that cost by shopping around, but it is still a lot of money. We have another kid coming in September and have been trying to save as much as possible. Not sure even if the doctor will want her to travel when she is that far along.

Anyhow, just glad that this weekend I don't have to DJ a wedding, Party, or event! I'm sure there will be plenty of that to come though. We are running an ad in the Wedding Issue of Nashville Lifestyles Magazine and on Lightning 100. Got to pay for all these kids we are having!

No comments: