Monday, May 11, 2009

Bonnaroo is in 1 month!


The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is in one month from today! Yours truly will be working backstage again this year and will actually be on site in less than a month. I'll be heading on there Wednesday morning and staying until Monday afternoon. It will be my fifth year in a row working at the festival...

I've spent the last week living as a bachelor. Last weekend my wife spearheaded a bake sale for St. Jude (we ended up raising over $1,000 for them!) and then headed north to visit family. The wife and kids will be returning this Wednesday and I couldn't be happier. It is not much fun coming home after a long days work to an empty quiet house. With three kids now, I just can't get use to the quietness! Who knew my refrigerator was that loud! LOL!

For now the tv is on and I am getting to watch sports, so I shouldn't complain. The NBA series has been great so far!

On Mothers Day I played golf. Sounds horrible right? I mean, on Mothers Day I was out on the golf course having fun?! Well, my mom is visiting her mom, and my wife is visiting her mom. So my dad and I were left to fend for ourselves! We ended up getting a great tee time. They normally will not even give you one if you are only a twosome! It was a beautiful day for golf. We played Windtree in Mount Juliet and it was completely empty all morning. I love getting to play on a nice course when it is not crowded. It was my first time getting to play this year. As you can imagine, with a seven month old I do not get much downtime! I ended up beat my dad on the back nine for the first time ever! And he plays all the time! HA! I did make him tee off from the young guy tees, which may have had an effect on his score! LOL! Lots of fun though.

The wife and kids have been having a blast up north. Hanging out on the family farm. Plating all kinds of fun stuff. Hunting for morale mushrooms. They made over $500 finding and selling those!

I'll end this update with a photo from the bake sale. Delbert McClinton is coming by to chat with David Hall tomorrow afternoon at 3pm. I had the honors last year and David has dibs this year. Should also have good giveaways this week and am working on getting a few instudio guests...fingers crossed...

No comments: